Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Asheville.


I'm enjoying a bowl of delicious black bean soup that I made last night.
Check out that recipe, it's worth it.
There's a crazy conversation going on between a flock of blackbirds outside of my window
and I've tried to take their photo but they keep flying away.


This past weekend Zack and I ventured to Asheville and it was just as awesome as I had expected!
Oh, the restaurants! I'm seriously excited to go back this summer just for the food.
When we arrived, we had to quickly learn our way around downtown and find a a place to stay the night.
We ended up finding a relatively cheap room from a little Indian man who was cooking delicious food in the kitchen adjacent to the motel office, haha.
The bathroom inside of our hotel room was turquoise and peach! Even the sink/tub/toilet was turquoise. It felt a little like home. ;)
We ate at Mellow Mushroom (not as good as the one in Greensboro imo!) and then made our way to see Bright Eyes/Cursive. They both put on a great show, mmmyes.
The next morning we ate at The Laughing Seed and I had the chickpea minestrone.. soo good.
Shortly after, we made our way across the street to Jerusalem Garden simply because I've needed falafel in my diet for some time. It was definitely no Jack's Corner but was still enjoyable!

It snowed on the way home and as much as I hate to admit it, it was breathtaking. I've never seen such beautiful mountains.
I can't wait to go back! I wasn't able to take any photos with my camera because it was raining/snowing the entire time we were there, but I did use the trusty iphone.

This weekend we're traveling to Greensboro to visit Kristin and Cameron and then heading down to Chapel Hill to see Rocky Votolato. Finally! I've missed seeing him twice and I am super excited!
I can't wait to enjoy a 65 degree Saturday in the SUN.










No comments:

Post a Comment